UPDATE: Registration for this event is full. Please contact Deadra Welcome at email@example.com for more information on future events on this topic.
Every Learning and Development professional can benefit from attending this workshop! How to Design Effective Training Programs is a must-attend for those new to instructional design or for those with years of experience. It's packed with practical job aids, tips, and tools to assist anyone responsible for designing, managing, or delivering training programs.
Participants are encouraged to select a course they are considering designing, currently designing, or redesigning and bring learning objective content outline, and any materials that have been developed. This course will be used to practice the tools introduced in the course.
By the end of the workshop, attendees will be able to:
- Use a systematic method to easily design a training program
- Design a training program to meet the learners' needs
- Usa adult learning techniques to improve retention and reduce participant resistance.
- Break down a task easily to identify prerequisites and how much practice is required to learn a new skill.
- Write realistic training objectives that meet four criteria.
- Select the best learning experience to train learners.
- Pace methods to maintain high energy and active learning by the participants.
- Identify how much practice is needed to build a new skill.
- Develop effective training activities.
- Develop effective handouts and job aids.
Maria Chilcote has been a consultant, trainer and designer for over 25 years specializing in performance consulting and management development. As a Managing Partner and Master Senior Instructor for The Training Clinic, Maria brings expertise from a variety of both private and public industries. Maria has had extensive training in effective presentation techniques, facilitation skills, instructional design, management development, performance consulting, performance management, and strategic planning. In her last in-house corporate job, Maria held the position of Assistant Vice President of Training and Communication for a six billion-dollar retailer where she was an invaluable player in effectively implementing a cultural change. Maria has worked as a Master Instructor with The Training Clinic for over sixteen years.
Chapter Members: Remember to login to register!