Silver Line Forum: A Primer on Design Thinking
13 Nov 2013
7:30 AM - 9:00 AM
Marymount University Reston Center, 1861 Wiehle Avenue Reston, VA 20190
Become a Chapter member and attend this event for free – $115.00
Member – $10.00
Non-Member – $15.00
Registration is closed
This session focuses on doing and making and is about using a ‘design’ process in approaching problems you will face in an established organization or as an entrepreneur.
What you will learn:
* What is user-centered design
* How to start with empathy instead of solutions
* How to define a nuanced problem and point of view for your design
* How to ideate and brainstorm
* How to prototype like a wizard (No drawing or building skills required!)
* How to test your prototype and rinse+repeat
This is an effective way to help your team; clients and colleagues get out of the comfort zone, and innovate - Come with an open mind and lots of energy.
Networking and a continental breakfast begins at 7:30 am with the program beginning at 8:00 am.
Your forum committee,
Alice Waagen, Philip Martin, Bill Cocolis, and Todd Slater
Space is limited, so don't wait until the last minute to register!
7:30 - 8:00 Breakfast and Networking
8:00 - 9:00 Program